What would wedding photos be without the entourage of bridesmaids and groomsmen? The wedding party is typically made up of the closest friends and family to our bride and groom, and they have varied responsibilities to fulfill in order to see that wedding day celebrations run smoothly. Listed below is a sampling.
• Best Man - The best man serves as one of two witnesses to the signing of the marriage license. He is to facilitate the toast both at the rehearsal dinner as well as at the reception. The best man is to arrange for the bachelor party, hand payments/gratuities to the officiate and other wedding day vendors, as well as keeps the groomsmen close by for photos. He is also to be sure that the couple’s get away car is awaiting them at the end of the event.
• Maid or Matron of Honor - She is the second witness to the signing of the marriage license. She arranges the bridal shower and attends all pre-wedding celebrations. She is responsible to aid the bride in dress fittings and bustling the train. If asked, she is to keep secure the bride’s gown, veil, and bouquet at the end of wedding night until the bride returns from her honeymoon. She is also expected to give a toast at the wedding reception.
• Groomsmen - These dashing gentlemen are to assist in any additional duties that the bride’s or groom’s family ask them to help with. They are expected to participate in the reception celebration and stay until the end of the event.
• Bridesmaids - These lovely ladies are to aid with the bridal shower and mingle with guests at the reception, pack up the bride’s personal belongings at the venue and make sure that they are in the get away vehicle for the bride to take on her wedding night.
• Flower Girls and Ring Bearers - These tikes are expected to scatter petals or bear the ring at the ceremony, be available for wedding party photos, and be adorable. Their parents are expected to be involved in caring for these children and provide their transportation to the events.
A wedding party may encompass a range of siblings, family members, and friends from the span of the couple’s lifetime, or just be a select few. In any case, the wedding celebration is to be filled with joy and laughter in abundance, and our wedding party magnifies this for their bride and groom.
- Karen Podrasky of KDP Events