We’ve teamed up with an Arizona local bartending service, Couple of Bartenders to present you with 5 cool summer cocktails to help beat the heat this wedding season! These self-proclaimed Liquid Caterers are truly experts at their craft!
Here's a little dose of Summer Liquid Therapy. They’re a mixture of sweet, refreshing, and tangy…just like the ladies from Couple of Bartenders !
This drink is the ultimate summer cocktail. It’s lightly flavored, naturally sweetened and uber refreshing! Here’s how we make it:
- 2 ounces Gin
- 1 ounce Cointreau or other triple sec
- 1 ounce white cranberry juice
- ½ ounce Cucumber water (we slice cucumber and seep in water beforehand)
- ½ ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 cucumber spear
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients except the cucumber spear and shake well.
- Strain into a chilled glass over ice.
- Garnish with a cucumber spear.
What says summer better than watermelon?! Chunks of muddled watermelon and crushed basil make this a drink that will have everyone asking for another. The best part? Slurping up those drunken pieces of watermelon at the end – yum!
- 1-1/2 ounces white rum
- 2 or 3 chunks of watermelon
- 2 large basil leaves torn into pieces
- 1 ounce fresh-pressed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce grenadine
- Soda water
- Basil sprig for garnish
- In a shaker thoroughly muddle watermelon and basil together
- Transfer mixture to a rocks glass and top with ice.
- Shake the lime juice, simple syrup and granadine and rum with ice and strain into the glass.
- Top with soda water to taste
- Garnish with a sprig of basil
Southern Blackberry Lemonade
This concoction will hit all senses; from its stunning color, to the smell of lemon and rosemary and of course the amazing taste of a classic lemonade with a new take of whiskey and tangy blackberries.
- 6 oz. whiskey
- 4 oz. Lemonade (we make our own out of fresh-pressed lemons)
- · 1 large rosemary sprig
- 2 oz. blackberry simple syrup
- Liquid Caterers Lemon Infused Sugar
- Rim glasses with Liquid Caterers Lemon Infused Sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a large shaker and add a handful or two of ice cubes. Depending on the size of your shaker, you may have to shake the drinks in two batches.
- Shake to combine and chill ingredients.
- Pour over ice into glasses
- Garnish with a rosemary sprig
Summer is all about fresh-pressed juices with Cocktail #4. Nothing can replace the taste of fresh juices; so get yourself a good citrus press and taste the difference yourself….it’s well worth the work!
- 1 ounce fresh-squeezed lime
- 2 ounces of cranberry juice
- 2 ounces of fresh-squeezed “cutie” orange juice
- 4 ounces of vodka
- Sierra Mist
- Cutie orange for garnish
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Add all fresh-squeezed juices, cranberry and vodka to a shaker with ice
- Shake to mix and chill
- Pour over ice
- Add Sierra Mist to liking
- Garnish with Cutie Orange and lime wedge
Raspberry Margarita Fizz
Liquid Caterers loves to make it’s own twist on classic cocktails and this one is one of our favorites. Everyone loves a good margarita and this one has them all beat!
- Salt to rim glass
- 2 oz Raspberry sparkling water
- 1 oz Margarita Mix
- 3 oz Tequila
- Lime wedge garnish
- Fresh berries for garnish
- Add salt to the rim of the glass.
- Add ice to glass.
- Add tequila and Margarita Mix and stir.
- Top with Raspberry sparkling water.
- Garnish with fresh berries and lime wedge.
Thanks to the lovely ladies of Couple of Bartenders for sharing their delicious cocktail recipes with us! We can't wait to try them out!
Follow us on Instagram