Today we're starting a series on our blog introducing you to our team of stylists here at Brilliant Bridal! Everyday we have the privelege of getting to know our brides. We learn all about your wedding plans, how you met your fiance, we meet your family and best friends and work together in some pretty close quarters so we thought it was time for us to open up a bit and let you get to know us! Every Monday for the next few weeks we'll introduce you to a stylist (or two) from one of our Brilliant Bridal locations and share 10 fun facts about them.
We know some brides get nervous about starting their wedding dress shopping journey so we hope our friendly faces will take a bit of that edge off!
Kicking things off today let's meet Charlene from Brilliant Bridal Los Angeles!
- Name? Charlene!
- Which Brilliant Bridal location are you based at? Brilliant Bridal Los Angeles (in Whittier)
- How long have you worked in the wedding industry? A little over 6 months now.
- What is your favorite part of working at Brilliant Bridal? I love being able to be apart of one of the most memorable moments of a bride's wedding, when she says "yes to the dress"!
- What is your one tip for brides starting their wedding dress shopping journey? My tip for wedding dress shopping would be to forget all the "rules", you set in your mind before you came shopping. "No sleeves" "no sparkle" ect... Until you try it on, you never know what details you're going to love on your wedding dress and those "no's" might actually make you feel absolutely gorgeous!
- If you could meet any celebrity, who would it be? That's a tough one. Since it's wishful thinking, I'd want to go back in time and meet Audrey Hepburn. Breakfast at Tiffany's is one of my all time favorite movies. To this day she is just the epitome of elegant and class in my mind.
- What is the best concert you've ever been to? The summer of 2004, The Cure. I am beyond in love with the romantic melodies of The Cure.
- Where is the one place you would love to travel to that you haven't visited before? Paris, France. Something about espresso and cafe's, in one of the most romantic cities in the world just sounds perfect to me. I clearly love coffee...
- What is your favorite wedding trend of the moment? My favorite wedding trend right now, is how D.I.Y. weddings have become. I'm a super crafter, and an obsessive Pinterest user. There's so many cute ideas out there, it makes me want to have multiple weddings just so I can do them all!
- Who is the one local wedding vendor you just love to refer brides to in your city and why? Hands down Eilleen from Couture Salon & Spa, not only is she amazing at what she does, (I wish she could do my hair, and make up everyday!) She is the sweetest! I recommend her not only to my brides but friends and family because I know I won't regret it.