Yesterday, we had the pleasure of hosting Good Morning Arizona for a fun segment featuring 'Sumer Wedding Trends To Beat The Heat.' We loved partnering with their team to create valuable content for their audience and ours! Plus with the first day of summer less than a month away, these tips will be essential for any bride trying to stay cool during her summer celebration!
Summer Dress Trends
Most brides planning a wedding for this summer probably have their dress already, but in case you are still looking, here are a few things to consider to help you stay cool on your wedding day without compromising on style or aesthetic. To watch this segment that was featured on the news, click here.
You will want to choose:
- Silhouettes that aren't clingy like a modified A-line, A-line or ball gown paired with a hoop skirt. Hoop skirts are favored by brides in the summer because it pushes all layers off fabric off their legs.
- Fabrics that are light and airy like tulle or chiffon. You can still look like a modern day princess in the middle of summer, if you choose a fabric that isn't going to weigh you down and keep in the heat.
- Embellishments that aren't too heavy like sequins and beading. Bling doesn't have to be avoided completely, but opting for a minimally beaded dress will mean less weight pressing against your body all day long. Some dresses weigh over 10 pounds; thats like carrying around a newborn baby all day.
- Shorter sleeve length. Styles like sleeveless, off the shoulder, strapless, halter or cap/t-shirt sleeves will definitely keep you cooler on a warm summer day! Really this one is a no brainer, but with lace sleeves being a huge trend in wedding dress some brides may need to choose to incorporate boho elements somewhere else in their wedding.
Summer Accessory Trends
Accessories can really make or break an outfit and in the heat there is no exception. We have collected the top tips and trends for keeping you cool without sacrificing your dream wedding look. To watch this segment that was featured on the news, click here
You will want to choose:
Boho inspired headpiece instead of floral crowns. Floral crowns can wilt quickly during the summer and can be ruined before you even walk down the aisle. So if the thought of ordering two and swapping during the day is not ideal, maybe a metal crown is the vibe your looking for. Plus, metal crowns can be the keepsake that last forever.
- Updo hairstyle or at least one that is out of your face. You can still let your personality and wedding theme shine through with your hair up. Plus, the right accessories can complete the style you are envisioning. Rhinestone hair combs would make for a more glam look, while pearl hair pins would create a softer touch.
- Dainty jewelry instead of statement pieces that can trap heat causing you to sweat. Trade out a statement necklace for a simple, drop pendant or a heavy cuff for a delicate, tennis bracelet. Your jewelry doesn't need to be over the top to make a big statement.
- Shorter veil length. Selecting a veil that is shorter will keep you cool during the warmer months by eliminating an additional layer of fabric that can cause you to become warm and uncomfortable over time. Shorter veils won't hold as much heat, but can still create a lovely effect.